Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Wiring twin headlamp fairing onto a 78 GS750

Hi All.

Just got a used Laser twin headlamp fairing to put onto my GS750.
    I have a few questions about wiring, My bike has uprated Electrex parts and I believe the rest of the wiring and the battery are good.
    The question I have is what is the best way to wire it up?.
    It came with some wiring and relays attached but it was fitted to a Onda and I want to make sure I get it right.

Cheers Phil 8O

I need a little more info. Are there three wires coming off the harness or 5 or 6 wires? Are both lights on when it is on low beam or only one light?

Hap

Comment

Hi Hap.

The new fairing has 2 35W headlamps wired into a single plug.
      That part is not a problem, that mates up with the old headlamp plug OK.
      The headlamps are 35W each and I would Like to know if I am going to need a relay and fused supply supply taken back to the switched side of the 12V or do I just plug them into my old headlamp plug and hope I do not fry anything.
      I do not think the GS750 has a relay on the headlight so I do not want to melt the switch.

Cheers Phil :?

Comment

Originally posted by phil page
        Hi Hap.

The new fairing has 2 35W headlamps wired into a single plug.
        That part is not a problem, that mates up with the old headlamp plug OK.
        The headlamps are 35W each and I would Like to know if I am going to need a relay and fused supply supply taken back to the switched side of the 12V or do I just plug them into my old headlamp plug and hope I do not fry anything.
        I do not think the GS750 has a relay on the headlight so I do not want to melt the switch.

Cheers Phil :?
        Go with a relay system. You are increasing current through the switch by 17% so it is good idea to do so. There is a good argument to do so with the stock lamps!!!

Hap

Comment

Hi Hap.

Cheers, I have already started making a sub loom to wire in.

Phil 8O

Comment

Working...
          X