going through the wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going through the wiring harness

is there any reasoning to the white/green wire for the stator going all throught the harness only to come back and connect to the R/R like the other 2 wires do?

Also some of the power wires are strange like that, orange/green and grey.

I really want to cut it all out and simplify it but I didnt know if there was a method to Suzuki's madness.

the bike is an 82 1100GKZ btw

ive searched and I cant find anything, I thought maybe someone had also been curious about stuff like this.

Comment

It is quite common, that the 3rd phase from the stator is disconnected until the headlight is turned on. If you follow the wire, it will end at a set of contacts, operated together with the ligthswitch.
      The reason for this, is to take some of the load from the regulator in daylight, and you shouldn't bypass it unless you are driving with the headlight permanent on.

Have no clue about your other strange wires - a diagram would help you:-D

Stig
      77 GS550B

Comment

the wire was connected solid with no switch or anything. The headlight will be on with ignition as the switch is now removed.. I assumed it was safe to do, thanks for the confirmation that its not something strange(er)

I have a diagram, and I saw it go through another connctor, which made me question it because mine is just looped.

thanks
        Last edited by Guest; 01-03-2007, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X