Ran fine,Now what!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran fine,Now what!!!!!

Ok so i changed my 0-rings on the needle valve seat and other places and the bike ran fine.Today I fired it up and it was sparatic idle with choke on and will not idle.#3 pipe seems to be not as warm but there is spark on all cylinders.I did ride it 20 miles before today and it ran fine.Also have a clean air filter and new spark plugs and a 5/16ths fuel line without a fuel filter.The spark plugs have white on the electrodes if that helps.Is this maybe bad gas?I wouldnt think so if it ran fine before.Also feels like it is vibrating more and is now doggy.Like its running on 3 cylinders.Please help.This is frustrating.

Tim it seems like 1 of those carbs isn't doing it for you. I suggest you pull the drain plug and see whats in it. You better have lots of rags, you wooldn't want gas on that bikes finish.

Unlike you, I often have to do jobs twice. Last time I had one carb overflowing becaus I had a float on the wrong side of the tab. 1 of your floats may be stuck.

Comment

white on the plugs seems as if its running a bit lean. check the float heights and jets.

Comment

Glad to hear from you !I am running sea foam in the gas.Do you think that could be the problem?It ran excellent after i put the carbs back on and went for a ride.I have no overflowing like before into the airbox and out the drain hose.Could it maybe a stuck needle? I dont see how that would be possible,there is a lot of play in the seats.Thursday I will pull the drain plugs on #3 and see what going on.It will warm up good with the choke on.Idle goes up and down like it got a fouled plug.

Comment

Carb synch? Make sure you always synch your carbs after you take them off and work on them.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy View Post
            Glad to hear from you !I am running sea foam in the gas.Do you think that could be the problem?It ran excellent after i put the carbs back on and went for a ride.I have no overflowing like before into the airbox and out the drain hose.Could it maybe a stuck needle? I dont see how that would be possible,there is a lot of play in the seats.Thursday I will pull the drain plugs on #3 and see what going on.It will warm up good with the choke on.Idle goes up and down like it got a fouled plug.
            As mentioned, might be a float setting as you did replace the needles. Also, hold off on the sea foam until you get this issue resolved, It throws another variable into the equation and you don't need that! Did you pull the rack apart or pop the bowls off? Could be a sync issue but if the carbs never came apart, I'd doubt it.

Comment

Working...
            X