Morgan Carbtune II and adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morgan Carbtune II and adapters

Well, after years of seeing how much everyone thinks of the Morgan system, I've decided to order one. They come with both 5mm and 6mm adapters....is there any reason why I shouldn't just get all 5mm adapters? (Yes, they will do it either way!)

Also, the carb tool looks pretty slick (just like the one from Motion Pro). Is it a must?? Thanks!
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
    Well, after years of seeing how much everyone thinks of the Morgan system, I've decided to order one. They come with both 5mm and 6mm adapters....is there any reason why I shouldn't just get all 5mm adapters? (Yes, they will do it either way!)

Also, the carb tool looks pretty slick (just like the one from Motion Pro). Is it a must?? Thanks!
    The adapters thread into the intakes with fingertips nicely and remove with fingers easily, so chances of breaking one are slim. Its nice to have different sizes in case you want to tune a bike for a friend, etc. The carb tool isnt absolutely a must, but it sure makes the job MUCH more pleasant. Spend the BIG bucks for it. Its worth it. :-)

E.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you very much, Earl; you told me exactly what I needed to know. I was considering asking for only 5mm, thinking they might get damaged, at some point. From what you said, the chances are slight so I'll follow your advice for both the adapters as well as the special tool.:-D

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
        Thank you very much, Earl; you told me exactly what I needed to know. I was considering asking for only 5mm, thinking they might get damaged, at some point. From what you said, the chances are slight so I'll follow your advice for both the adapters as well as the special tool.:-D
        There is one big downside to the Morgan Carbtune. When you finally break down and buy one, you will be kicking the crap out of yourself for years to come for not getting it sooner. I can synch a 4 carb rack with the Morgan is less than 30 seconds consistently. I could never do that with mercury sticks and the Morgan is far more accurate.

The best money you're likely to spend. :-)

E.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Dangit Earl, stop that! You're going to make my Visa go out and hurt itself...

I would also get the 5mm and 6mm adaptors in case you need to sync some "other" bike someday.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            Dangit Earl, stop that! You're going to make my Visa go out and hurt itself...

I would also get the 5mm and 6mm adaptors in case you need to sync some "other" bike someday.
            LMAO :-) I've had my Morgan a few years and I will say if it cost three times what it does, it would still be worth it. Also, John Morgan is right there if you need anything or break anything on it. (i've not been able to break any part of it) He also will rebuild the unit if you seriously damage it. GREAT product support and service. Hellava nice guy too. :-)

E.

Comment

Yes get it! Excellent tool. And get the adapters in both sizes. They have 'O' rings on them and take almost zero torque to seal them. You won't break them. Yes two thumbs up for the Morgan carb tune ll. Terry.
              1980 Suzuki GS550E, 1981 Suzuki GS 1100EX all stock, 1983 Suzuki GS 1100EX modified, 1985 GS1150E, 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1971 Kawasaki Mach lll 500 H1, 1973 Kawasaki Mach lV 750 H2.

Comment

Thanks!

Many thanks to all! This is what it's all about...(By the way, if I've read it correctly, this is my 1500th post.\\/ \\/ \\/

Edit:... Guess not; I must have gotten carried away on something else...

Comment

Working...
                X