oil pressure light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pressure light

Hey guys, I was messing arround trying to figure out why my oil light would not light up and I got this far....(in the first picture it's the green and orange wires to the far right)

I had power between the orange and green wire if i bypassed the bulb socket I'm pretty sure I got power. I was thinking that green was hot so I put a wire between orange and the valve cover and then blew my fuse, So now I am assuming that orange is hot :-D. It did not look like it was corroded inside the socket either.I was wondering if anyone know what exactly was going on here, like what wire are + or - and where they connect to etc. Also if there is anything else I should check for. Where is the oil pressure sensor?
    Is there anyway to fix or replace the bulb socket in it right now?
    Any tips or help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Nick

Orange is hot for the oil pressure indicator light and the gear positon light and Neutral inicator and side stand check light.

Have you checked to make sure the light bulb works?
    The G/Y should lead all the way back to the sending unit.
    Nick I will send you another page .
    Last edited by Guest; 01-04-2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I was looking at that mess again... and noticed that big connector thing that the green yellow wire is connecting to (on top of the large connecter in the first picture). Is that a fuse? there doesnt appear to be a way to open it either. Just a thought. Also, where exactly is the oil pressure sensor?

P.S. the bulb is good

Comment

The sensor is behind your cylider block, underneath or right next to your cam chain tensioner. It looks like a white plastic nut with a terminal on it. Similar to this, but mine sits sideways and has oil lines hooked to it:

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

It's not there on the GS700ES. It's behind the signal generator cover on the botom, for the oil light.

Comment

Originally posted by distraction628 View Post
            It's not there on the GS700ES. It's behind the signal generator cover on the botom, for the oil light.
            Oops, sorry... I didn't bother to see what bike it was.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Here is where I got now... I traced the green wire to the wire harness that goes under the stator cover into the sensor. (if you look at the first picture the green wire connector with the insulation end goes to the oil pressure sensor. The other goes to the dash to the lightbulb.) I checked between the orange wire and the one without insulation and it has continuity. So I think I have almost narrowed it down to the oil pressure sensor? correct me if I'm wrong. If there is anything else I can try before tearing into my stator cover, please let me know.
              Tell me you thoughts:-D
              Nick

Comment

Working...
              X