No announcement yet.

1100 EZ Tyre assistance..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have those on my GS1000G in blackwall. Not sure how old they are.

Isn't there some kind of paint you can use to pick the lettering out yourself anyway??

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
      It ain't too bad until you can see the cords!
      BTDT. A few years ago on one of the Texas Hill Country rides I had a few inches of cord showing about halfway through the ride. I finished the group ride still pushing fairly hard. By the time we got back to where most of the group was camping it was showing almost all the way around the tire. I was about 300 miles from home at that point. Ended up riding about 50 miles back to SA on a badly squirming back end and left the bike at the in-laws. Took a bus home, came back a week later and loaded the bike up to haul back home.

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
        How long ago where those tires ordered? Are you sure they are still available??? Which sizes are you running?
        The front is new. I think I just saw them in the back of Motorcyclist Magazine. Dont remember the size and it mothballed in the backyard shed.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

There is a stamp that indicates week and year for tire construction. I'd have to be corrected, but I believe it's a 4 digit code. 2406 would mean it was manufactured in the 24th week of 2006. I'm not sure of that stamps particular location, but I'm sure someone else could direct you to the right area.

Brad bt

Comment

Working...
          X