gs450 headlamp switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs450 headlamp switch

hi, is not having a headlamp on/off switch standard on gs450l?

could anyone draw me a little wiring diagram to add in a switch?

i think i know how but never too sure with electrics.

any help greatly appreciated

i have wiring diagrams but they dont include the light switch so im assuming its not standard

Comment

If the high and low beam share a common ground split that into a switch.
      Philip?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

i thought something like that, only thing (i shoulda mentioned) is that the rear light needs switching too as it is also always on. would the same wire switch them both?

im assuming not unless the there is a positive earth circuit...

Comment

I don't think it's legal to cut off the rear light. I'd keep it on.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

in the uk, in daylight hrs its your choice to have lights on or off, i generally ride with them on to be noticed by cars, but i have a upgraded headlight n im worried about the draw on the battery

Comment

Working...
            X