Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckhannon, WV (Small Town, USA)

Comment

I use a Snap On 3/8" drive "clicker type" 0-75 ft/lbs. Short handle, precise, and a beautiful thing! part # QFJR 275 D.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by runewolf View Post
        I hate to ressurect an old post, but I'm curious about what you guys think about this wrench? I've got to beg borrow or steal a torque wrench to replace gaskets in my bike

http://www.amazon.com/Neiko-Pro-PROF...033493&sr=8-19
        Piece of Junk............I'm sure Keith will agree with me, that this is the only way to go:

:-D
        Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
        "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
        1982 GS1100E
        1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

All of my torque wrenches are click type Snap-Ons & EVERY time I have taken them in for calibration they have never needed it! I use all 3 almost DAILY & have inch pound, 0-75, & 25-250. I truly believe you can't go wrong with Snap-On! Just remember, if you ever drop your torque wrench have the calibration checked before using. Ray.

Comment

I know Snap on makes great stuff and I know I can usually take them back to the Snap on driver down the road from me and get a replacement if it breaks, but good lord, can't you buy anything of quality for less than $100 these days?

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011 View Post
              Piece of Junk............I'm sure Keith will agree with me, that this is the only way to go:

:-D
              I agree. That would make a decent breaker bar.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Accuracy: ± 4% clockwise ± 6% CCW of indicated value, CW, from 20% to 100% of full scale

These are the spec's for a CDI torque 30-200 "# torque wrench I bought a while back for about $100.00. I tend to get more concerned about accuracy on the smaller critical fasteners like cam caps, etc.. For the larger stuff I just use craftsman clickers. As with any torque application proper thread prep, care of the wrench, using it in it's reccomended range (usually 20 - 100% of full scale), storing set to lowest setting (or whatever mfr reccomends) will ensure good results. At work (aerospace) we use snap-on's calibrated to +/- 3% of indicated value, which they seem to have no problem meeting, but I can't afford all snap on at home! Just my .02.

Here is a good site for ref.

See Torque facts section.

Comment

Working...
                X