Can you ID these forks/wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you ID these forks/wheels?

I picked these up off of CL - They swapped right on...I'm guessing they are from a late '80's/early 90's katana?

Also, when putting the rear wheel on, there is interference between the tire and the rear caliper brace. The Battleax tire that's on the rear sits wide of the wheel about 1" on each side, so I'm considering chucking that tire and fitting one that's a bit narrower, just so I don't have to try to bend that brace. Any comments?

Also, adding these wheels and tires has dropped my ride height by about 1.5". Should that concern me, or will I just be able to go that much faster (as long as I don't turn)?

?

Early GSXR 600?

Comment

They seemed to match a '94 Katana I saw on ebay. The wheels look to be pretty generic, and I'm thinking they were used on multiple models for quite a year range. I'm hoping it was a good grab for $200. Does anyone want my old fork?

Comment

Bend the brake arm!! Take care for clearence issues.

Dink

Comment

My guess is GSX600f (Katana) or 750 but it's hard to say for sure based only on that picture.

I have fitted GSX600f wheels and forks on my GS1100. I lost some ground clearance but it doesn't make any harm on road. On race circuit I have to watch out while cornering but it was the same with stock running gear.

What tire you have on back? If the wheel is from a Katana you can use 140/70 or 150/70 tire, anything wider shouldn't be fitted on that wheel. If you already have 140 tire I recommend you to bend the brace.
          Arttu
          GS1100E EFI turbo
          Project thread

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

The rear is a 140/70. I really only need about 1/2" out of the brace, and that'll give me 1/4" clearance. I need to figure the moment that braking force will produce on that brace...I'm a bit nervouse about having the force of braking travel through a bent peace. But I may be overthinking it.

Comment

Working...
            X