Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake pad wear-- supposed to be even?

HI all,

I just replaced my rear brake pads, and noticed that the right side one had more pad.

i had replaced all the seals, and put in s/s lines this past winter, and am wondering if the wear on the pads is supposed to be exactly even.

one piston was further out, due to the difference.

POOT

Originally posted by Poot View Post
    HI all,

I just replaced my rear brake pads, and noticed that the right side one had more pad.

i had replaced all the seals, and put in s/s lines this past winter, and am wondering if the wear on the pads is supposed to be exactly even.

one piston was further out, due to the difference.

POOT
    I don't think it's totally abnormal. The pad material has a lot to do with the way they wear. The only thing you may want to do is flush the lines with new fluid. Perhaps something was in the lines.

Brad bt

Comment

They usually wear similarly, but it is not abnormal for one to wear faster.

Dirt can have a lot to do with it, and it is a good idea to clean them every once in a while with a spray brake cleaner. Do it every spring, and once in summer.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

well, i clean the bike pretty often, as detailing is my current job, but I have an idea that some plastic (from a drawstring on my saddlebag) might have caused some extra wear.

i had EBC pads in there, and only put them in the beginning of this season. i put on about 15000 km since +-, about half city driving.

i put in some SBS pads, and hopefully they will put a few more km's on them.

thanks!

Comment

pads

have you greased the pins the calipers float on? what model is it?

Comment

Working...
          X