Wes Cooley Fairing on GS1000E - Mini Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wes Cooley Fairing on GS1000E - Mini Project

I have just picked up a near mint 78 1000E and want to fit a 1000S fairing. I have the standard high raise bars and think I have identified all sources for the fairing/blade/mirrors/mounting brackets etc.

Other than looking at standard superbike bars does anyone have the orginial measurements for the Wes Cooley 1000S handlebars? I'm 6.2 and expect that W29" x R3" x PB4" should do it. Ideas/Suggestions???

This is what I have so far:

Item: Sourced from:
    - Fairing AirTech
    - Blade/mounting screws Zero Gravity
    - Mirrors/brackets OEM from Powersportpro
    - new bars ????

Thanks in advance.

ps - I'm painting it myself using acrylic enamel to match the black and gold/red pinstripping with a couple of clear coats.

Another Kiwi in Washington DC

h/bars

Ill take a camera and ruler down tomorrow and measure my set up on my 1000st. Im sure mine are the same bend as LC350 yamaha if thats a help? Lol

Last edited by Guest; 01-13-2007, 01:06 AM.

Comment

The original rise must've been higher than superbike bars,because that's what I have on my "S" and they'll hit the tank with no problem. I'm modifying the steering stops to prevent this.
      Hugh

Comment

Thanks Guys. I'm looking at a 8K milage/1 owner GS1000ST this weekend that is for sale. If it is as good as it looks I may have this problem solved.

Comment

Working...
        X