Electrosport Indistries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrosport Indistries

My wee 400 fried the stator and R/R and they are hard to find in NZ other than Suzuki NZ. Are these guys OK: http://www.electrosport.com/electros...l_suzuki2.html

Hope so..?

There was a crowd called Selectrix (or similar) that used to makje R/R's anyone know where they are now..?

Cheers B

Electrix became Electrosport.

Comment

Originally posted by terbang View Post
      My wee 400 fried the stator and R/R and they are hard to find in NZ other than Suzuki NZ. Are these guys OK: http://www.electrosport.com/electros...l_suzuki2.html

Hope so..?

There was a crowd called Selectrix (or similar) that used to makje R/R's anyone know where they are now..?

Cheers B
      Electrosport is OK. Lots of members here have used their replacements.

The other outfit you are thinking of is Electrex in the U.K.. They have the same product as Electrosport and do a lot of export business. You could order from the one that has the best export deal.

Comment

I bought their stator, and im very happy with it.. except the wire lengths were a bit off.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocks View Post
          Electrosport is OK. Lots of members here have used their replacements.

The other outfit you are thinking of is Electrex in the U.K.. They have the same product as Electrosport and do a lot of export business. You could order from the one that has the best export deal.

Since he is in NZ and it will be an overseas order for him regardless, I would be inclined to order from Electrex in GB. My understanding is that Electrosport bought the business and marketing rights for the US and subsquently use their own suppliers. Electrex GB is still the parent company and not affiliated with their US counterpart. I think the quality control with the Brit company is still excellent. The US based one appears (at least to me) questionable.

Since the Electrosport takeover, I have changed to using Ricks.

Earl
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I wouldn't have any qualms about using Electrosport parts.

Comment

The charging system is the weak link in the GS. IMHO Electrosport is the best on the market. I am real happy with mine. I did also buy their regulator but did not install it as I am using my super heavy duty, homebrew design with great success (I just wanted a working commercial reg for reference).
              Seems like the Electrex stator has a thicker winding which gives a lower open circuit output voltage at the coils (40V) but can deliver a few more amps which is a useful thing.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. The Stator and the R/R were both severely Nuked. I put an order in to Electrosport via the internet and they never sent me any sort of confirmation or anything. After 4 days I rang them and they didn't seem to have any record of the order even after the website quoted an order number and all. The product may be good but the seller is a bit disorganized. I cancelled the order and decided to go my own way. I picked up a second hand stator from a local guy for the cost of a few beers, he reckoned it came out of a honda 4 wheel thingy or something like that. It fitted. I found a R/R off a wrecked GN250 and with a bit of mucking around I have grafted them all into my old friend. With a new battery she is now happily churning out 14.5 volts.
                Success\\/ .

Comment

Working...
                X