1985 Gs 750ef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 Gs 750ef

Getting back into it after 19 years. I can't get a spark on the 750 and I keep hearing about the stator problem. Not overly familiar with this part can some explain a bit about so I can move forward?
    I have found a second 750EF with front end damage so I'm hoping to get one working bike out of this.[-o<
    Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2007, 08:57 PM. Reason: No response

Mine has had two regulator-rectifiers die, the original stator is still in it. Those are both parts of the charging system and would have nothing to do with the ignition system. Check your fuses and wiring harness condition and conections, (also the grounds) A factory service manual would be a great investment.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

I've had no luck finding anything on the internet or with manuals. At the Supershow I was told the 1985 750EF was too limited a production run so nobody has anything outside of a factory original. I would appreciate any leads on a manual.
      Can you tell me anything about a stator?

Thx,

Kurt

Comment

I have a 1985 gs 700E, and dig dug has a manual on his website for the bike. I would assume these bikes would be pretty similar. Here is a link to his site http://www.freewebtown.com/123jumps/motorcycle.htm look at the bottom of the page and click do download the manuals. (thanks dug) Mabey also try to see if there is anything wrong with your signal genorator. (under a round cover on the right side of the bike, if your sitting on it. It should have 3 bolts holding it on and says suzuki, if it is anything like mine.) Just a thought...
        Take it easy,
        Nick

Comment

That sounds great, thanks for the tips and I'll keep you posted.

Kurt

Comment

Working...
          X