My fuses crumbled, what sizes are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fuses crumbled, what sizes are they?

1980 GS 750E, taking the fuses out to clean the connections. The fuses all fell apart, they all say 12v on the end caps but have no amperage rating.
    Anyone know what size fuses go where?
    Thanks,
    Tom

Life is too short to ride an L.

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    1980 GS 750E, taking the fuses out to clean the connections. The fuses all fell apart, they all say 12v on the end caps but have no amperage rating.
    Anyone know what size fuses go where?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    They are all 10 amp except for the main, its 15 amp.

E.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks!!!

That was quick!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Earl is always quick. This time, however, he got it backwards:

The main is 15 and all others are 10.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
          Earl is always quick. This time, however, he got it backwards:

The main is 15 and all others are 10.
          Uhhh Ron, read it again. Thats what I said. LOL (uhhh, yes, I DO understand your perverted wit) :-)
          E.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

LOL. Reminds me of when one of my fuses vibrated itself to death on the way to work. My boss's boss stopped to ask me if I needed a ride. After that, I replaced them all just to be safe.

Comment

ok guys this is going to sound bad. I have a GS1000G Can't get t going yet. My fuses connections and fuses were bad. I got a magnifying glass out to see what they were, but I was wrong. I put in 15,10,10,15,25. I know your thinging dumb ass,and your right. After cleaning it up I tried it and my bike turned over but my fuse box started to SMOKE. So I shut it down, found the right line up. It worked off and on and I had spark at the plugs. I think I have a bad ground somewhere. Anybody out there Think I damaged anything? Another reason it could have been smoking was I didn't have it grounded right.

Comment

The fuse box is notorious for having corroded connections, which shows up as heat because of high resistance. You probably didn't damage anything. But you need to clean the fuse holders and clean and solder the connectors on the rear of the box. This will save you a ton of trouble in the future.

Comment

Jim that is exactly what was needed to fix my problem. And you were right nothing was damaged.

Comment

Working...
                  X