X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more fuel related qs......

ok, i have a peculiar question

i have experienced this before but seems quite pronounced on this bike

if i am riding and have highish revs, when i wish to slow down i release the throttle a little then hold it at a point not quite closed

the engine the gets to the point i am holding it at and jerks forward as if i have opened the throttle sharply

is this the transition between jets being used?

i have no idea

Originally posted by prxbadger View Post
    ok, i have a peculiar question

i have experienced this before but seems quite pronounced on this bike

if i am riding and have highish revs, when i wish to slow down i release the throttle a little then hold it at a point not quite closed

the engine the gets to the point i am holding it at and jerks forward as if i have opened the throttle sharply

is this the transition between jets being used?

i have no idea
    Sounds like quite a serious carb problem and needs addressing before you jerk sharply into something you don't want to!
    A quick couple of things to look at....
    good seal at inlet manifolds....no air leaks
    diaphragms not split or cracked,
    air mixture screws correctly set
    no blockages in pilot air ways or any of the jets or nozzles
    tappet clearances
    fuel tap operating correctly

Good luck

YJ

Comment

Well, it's not transitioning between jets. Why would you hold the throttle slightly open to start with if it holds idle with the throttle closed?

Comment

BTW, you could just be experiencing chain snatch with the throttle partially open. As the engine reaches revs that match the throttle opening the slack in the chain is taken up and may be causing the jerk you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
          BTW, you could just be experiencing chain snatch with the throttle partially open. As the engine reaches revs that match the throttle opening the slack in the chain is taken up and may be causing the jerk you feel.

hi, it definitely feels like im under power from the engine when it jerks, the tickover/idle does need adjusting, its currently at 900rpm

i hold the throttle slightly open because im just slowing rather than stopping

Comment

Originally posted by prxbadger View Post
            hi, it definitely feels like im under power from the engine when it jerks, the tickover/idle does need adjusting, its currently at 900rpm

i hold the throttle slightly open because im just slowing rather than stopping
            As long as the bike doesn't die with the throttle completely closed there's no practical reason to hold it partially open. If it is a matter of the bike dying at closed throttle then the throttle stop needs adjusting. The jerk you are experiencing isn't from jetting overlap. It's possible it may be carb related, but not from the different circuits overlapping each other, more from dirty carbs if it's carb related at all. I really think you are experiencing chain snatch as the engine takes up the slack created from deceleration as the engine revs and throttle opening synch up.

Comment

Set your idle up to 1000 and dont hold the throttle.

Comment

Working...
              X