lowering a bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering a bike

maybe some of you have read the earlier post i posted about the yamaha cx 500, i know it might be a honda, but if i get this im definitley going to lower it. what is involved in that? im thinkin shorter front forks and an adjustment of the rear suspension?

Re: lowering a bike

Originally posted by ice109
    maybe some of you have read the earlier post i posted about the yamaha cx 500, i know it might be a honda, but if i get this im definitley going to lower it. what is involved in that? im thinkin shorter front forks and an adjustment of the rear suspension?
    Got a photo of the bike???--i----- just lowered my yammy xs650

I just did a search and the cx500 seems to definitely be a honda.

Comment

nah but ill get one

Comment

nah but ill get one
        NOW I FIND A SITE THAT LOOKS LIKE GERMAN AND AND IT LISTS A YAMAHS cx500??????

Anzeige als E-Mail verschicken. Literaturpaket zur Yamaha SR 500/ XT 500 und CX 500 -

Comment

Here's esrch link but i dont know how to read the languages http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=yamaha+cx+500

Comment

You should be able to keep your forks if the 500 is like any bike I've seen. You can just loosen the clamps on the tubes and slide the bike down until the forks hit the handle bars. If you need to lower it more you'll have to get different handlebars. Possibly handlebars that clamp onto the tubes. From what I've heard about doing this you may crash when you go into your first turn because the bike can become very unstable if you don't lower the rear as well.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
              nah but ill get one
              NOW I FIND A SITE THAT LOOKS LIKE GERMAN AND AND IT LISTS A YAMAHS cx500??????

Anzeige als E-Mail verschicken. Literaturpaket zur Yamaha SR 500/ XT 500 und CX 500 -
              I dunno, I checked into it too. I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. By the title it seems that you can get on line "literature packages" for Yamaha SR500/XT 500 and CX500. When I went into the site, there was nothing to do with motorcycles that I could see. I know the SR500 was a street version of the XT500, a street trail bike. Both were air cooled 500cc singles with chain drive. They also made a TT500, which was an off-road only bike, much the same as the other two. They did make a TX500 in the early seventies. This was an air cooled twin, chain drive. Pretty much a pile of dung from what I've heard. (seen any around?)

The only CX500 I've ever heard of is the v-twin, water cooled Honda. Can't remember if it was a shaft or chain drive. Did they not punch it out to 650cc and stick a turbo on it, or are my facts not straight
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

cx500

The cx500 is a Honda, at least I belive it's exclusively a Honda stateside. I've never heard of the yamaha version, but who knows.
                The Honda cx500 is shaft drive, and it closely mirrors the 650. There is also a turbo version which is, I believe, rather rare.
                My first bike was '78 Honda cx500, and though I didn't ride it much (charging problem that I didn't think was worth fixing. I wish I had though ), I loved that bike. For a bike of its age and condition, it was fast and handled very well. The front wheel would stand right up too... :twisted: I'd love to get another one of those bikes to tinker with... It wouldn't stand up to my 1100E, but it would be fun anyway.

Comment

The CX is a shaft drive I still have mine in the garage. Good running bike has some of the stater, reg. issuses like the GS. They did turbo them, both the 500 and the 650, supposed to be real arm stretchers when the boost comes on. The 650 is hard to find but the 500 is more common. I might have to ride mine today because the G is still in pieces and I'm suffering an extreme case of PMS. Kinda hate to ride it since buying the G, because by comparison its a slug. Safe Riding, Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X