What is my shock from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is my shock from

This doesn't match with my service manual. 13" length, 5 position pre-load & 4 position damper on top. The top mount is aluminum and the rest of the shock is/was chrome. My 77 GS750 didn't have adjustable dampers did it?

If anyone knows, can it be rebuilt? or can only put new springs on it?

Looks like an Ikon..

Old Koni design made under license in Australia. Good stuff.
    Totally rebuildable.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

not sure looks like a oem shock maybe off a gs1000

can we get a couple more pics, maybe where the damping rod slides into the body, are there 2 holes on the cap that the damping rod slides through?, no nothing stamped anywhere on the shock? usally koni maybe even ikon (i haven't checked mine) stamps their name.
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

It looks like the stock shocks on my 78 1000. 78 is when Suzuki came out with the multi-adjustable shock.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

looks like the stock shocks from my 1980 1100e

Comment

Nothing printed on the shock except for "05" right above the damper adjustment. There are no holes where the rod slides. I was thinking I could get away with just cleaning these up a bit & buying new Heavy Duty springs. It looks like no problem to put new springs on, but I don't see how I could do anything else. I've never had a shock apart, though.

Comment

They look like the stock shocks I threw away.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

They're stock shocks. So do what chef1366 did -- throw them away.

And replace them with Koni's (now re-manufactured under licence by IKON in New South Wales, Australia) -- website here.
                Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2007, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tfb View Post
                  They're stock shocks. So do what chef1366 did -- throw them away.

And replace them with Koni's (now re-manufactured under licence by IKON in New South Wales, Australia) -- website here.
                  i second this opinion. there are no dimples in the top by the damping rod then they are not rebuildable. depending on the riding you do, is rebound adjustablity important to you, if so go with the ikon if not go with progressive shocks and save a couple bucks.
                  78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x
                  10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Off to the Dumpster....\\/

Thanks, guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X