Yoshimura Gs 1000 Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoshimura Gs 1000 Specs

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SET UP SPECS FOR A YOSHI RACE MOTOR?
    I AM GOING TO STRIP THE ENGINE FOR EXAMINATION AS IT HAS STOOD FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS.
    ANY HELP APPRECIATED
    TRICKY

Unless it has a known problem I would get it running first. Ride it for 1/2 hr to get everything working again. and then run a compression and leakdown test to see what condition it is in. My GS 850 sat in storage for 12+ years before I purchased it motor was fine. Now that I have put 3k miles on it I think it runs even better.

Comment

I've got a copy of Cycle(?) which has a very detailed article on Wes Cooleys Yoshi GS1000.

Comment

PAUL WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO MAIL IT TO ME, I NEED AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE BEFORE I THINK ABOUT STRIPPING IT DOWN. THE ENGINE I HAVE IS A LITTLE LATER THAN THE COOLEY MOTOR, BUT HOPEFULLY WILL GIVE US AN IDEA AS TO THE SET UP.
        CHEERS RICH

Comment

Send me your address & I'll get a photo-copy of it to you. It is on the 2-valve motor, as opposed to the later 4-valve GSX.
          Send your address to me as a private message if you are worried about people seeing what your postal addres is.

Comment

Working...
          X