Which Clymer Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Clymer Manual

I need a clymer/shop manual for an 83 GS850L. I don't see that option listed on the manuals I have found only GL. Close enough?

No - GLs are shaft driven, not chain. Most Clymer manuals are set up for a series of related bikes, so my guess would be that there is a manual that covers several models, including yours. No doubt someone here will have that info!

Comment

Originally posted by MissFabulous View Post
      No - GLs are shaft driven, not chain. Most Clymer manuals are set up for a series of related bikes, so my guess would be that there is a manual that covers several models, including yours. No doubt someone here will have that info!
      The 850L is also shaft driven. But I think its a four stroke not 2...

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post
        The 850L is also shaft driven. But I think its a four stroke not 2...
        Ok then it's an 850GL - G is always the designation for shaft drive with Zooks, so you'll be fine with that manual for the G series. It's definitely a 4-stroke!

Comment

Also it's the same Clymer I have "GS850-1100 Shaft Drive 1979-1984" ISBN 0-89287-305-1and it includes all the differences Ls have.

Comment

Also it's the same Clymer I have "GS850-1100 Shaft Drive 1979-1984" ISBN 0-89287-305-1and it includes all the differences Ls have.
            Perfect thanks!

Comment

No problem. I think I got mine from Amazon from an independent seller, so you could go there and search by plugging in the ISBN. The price was around the same as ebay sellers and I hate waiting for auctions!

Comment

No problem. I think I got mine from Amazon from an independent seller, so you could go there and search by plugging in the ISBN. The price was around the same as ebay sellers and I hate waiting for auctions!
                I already grabbed one off eBay with BIN once you confirmed it was the right one I am so stoked. We are in the process of moving so I am trying really hard to resist the urge to start tearing this thing down

Comment

Awesome! I've been stuck with resisting the urge daily because it's so cold here. You can still do some little things like clean up wiring and stuff until you're ready to rip her apart! Keep us posted on the progress, and we love pics here too! :-D

Comment

Awesome! I've been stuck with resisting the urge daily because it's so cold here. You can still do some little things like clean up wiring and stuff until you're ready to rip her apart! Keep us posted on the progress, and we love pics here too! :-D
                    Thats what I was thinking Needs some new tires too. And some lights, and some new chrome. Little stuff :P I will get picks up when it gets here today

Comment

Even though the side covers indicate it's a GS850L it is technically a GL.

Being an 83 the true designation is GS850GLD. GS - engine type, 850 - size in CCs, G - shaft, L - cruiser.

Check it out here: http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_modelchart.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X