wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring harness

Ok, I need some information on where to get a wiring harness for my 1981 GS850G. The insulation on the wires of my current one is crumbling away. I can't find one locally and I do not want to replace individual wires as I think some of my connectors are also needing replacing.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: wiring harness

You should be able to order one through your local Suzuki dealer. I recently had to buy a new harness for my 1980 GSX1100. Be warned, they aint cheap. $180

Earl

Originally posted by Fergie
    Ok, I need some information on where to get a wiring harness for my 1981 GS850G. The insulation on the wires of my current one is crumbling away. I can't find one locally and I do not want to replace individual wires as I think some of my connectors are also needing replacing.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

You can try watching auction sites, like e-Bay.

I won an auction and got a brand new harness for $75..

You can also find used ones for less. If you buy used, check the wires for flexibility. As you have seen they can get to the point the insulation can break apart...usually because of high heat. If it looks and feels OK, before putting it on the bike, pull the entire harness apart and solder every splice in it before re-taping it. There are about ten splices/joints inside the harness.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

If you can get the part number(s) needed try www.ronayers.com or www.bikebandit.com. Both carry OEM parts but will probably be cheaper than a dealer.

Comment

They (Bike Bandit.com) shows 2 different part #'s and here's the links to veiw which one you need, (accessory wise)

http://www.bikebandit.com./partsband...dept_id=150554

http://www.bikebandit.com./partsband...dept_id=150276

get the price, by entering the part #.

I am fixing to do the same for my '81 GS1100E(X).

Peace,
          Busafied

Comment

I have one used for 82 GS750 if anyone needs one

Comment

Working...
            X