Oil cooler application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil cooler application

I see an oil cooler on ebay that i thought may be a good deal for Suzi, but looking at the pic, I can't for the life of me figure where the adapter goes....any help on that one?

if you cant find the link, go to ebay, type in "GS1100" and you will find it there...

It looks like it has an oil pressure switch on it so I'd say it goes on the back of the engine below the cam chain tensioner. Am I right?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
      It looks like it has an oil pressure switch on it so I'd say it goes on the back of the engine below the cam chain tensioner. Am I right?

Steve
      Looks like it to me. Looks like it replaces the stock unit.

Comment

you think this would fit to an 83 1100GK?

Comment

I would jump at that if I was within distance. It will fit straight onto my 81 GS1000G, so probably fit most models. At the moment I am looking at having to make a fitting just like that one.

Kim

Comment

Contact brs127s (Brandon) on this...I sold him a cooler with one of these adaptors and he installed it on his GS. He did a lot of investigation into it before he put it on and is very knowledgeable about it.

The adaptor will not fit on the 4-valve GS750.

Hap

Comment

Go for it. It should fit your 1100. The pressure switch housing was pretty standard for most of the GS's. The one I got from Hap was a Hayden Mark II. The switch housing adapter looks exactly the same. I would suggest getting a new o-ring gasket for it, just for assurance that it won't leak. The pressure switch setup is different than mine. My pressure switch is on an elbow (same location as the ebay pictures), instead of directly on the side. I am curious how this setup works. I had to get a new low pressure switch to replace the original. My pressure light would come on when my 850 was idling, so I put an oil pressure gauge on the main oil gallery plug on the right side of the engine, just below the back side of the jug. Once I did this I verified that my pressure was still with the specs. The cooler definitely made a difference.

Comment

The adaptor is similar to my Yoshimura one. The pressure switch operates normally as the oil goes to the cooler.

Comment

Well, I am trying for it, but the price is high... 8O

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
                    Well, I am trying for it, but the price is high... 8O
                    I just looked again... $101!! A day ago it was $35 and I was thinking of getting someone to bid for me... not any more.

I'm only after the adaptor as a mate turns up oil coolers from solid aluminium billet, very nice looking stuff.

Kim

Comment

Not sure if it will fit your application, or what you want. But stock gs1150 coolers seem to pop up on ebay fairly often, and usually go for a reasonable price.
                      Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X