crankcase paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crankcase paint

Some where i saw some vendor offering the grey crankcase paint (rattle can) our GS bikes use. Can't seem to find it again. Anybody?
    thanks

Paint

Try VHT universal aluminium heat proof paint. Its as close as u will get to the colour. Havent tried PJ1 paint as its hard to find here. (PJ1 is the parent company of VHT) Did mine and u can see the results. The lower engine cases are not painted as standard if u want the standard look. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Guest; 02-16-2007, 04:36 PM. Reason: Add picture

Comment

Now that looks good, I've been thinking of painting my engine also. Ran across this interesting site when researching the VHT paint.

Comment

Originally posted by denydog View Post
        Now that looks good, I've been thinking of painting my engine also. Ran across this interesting site when researching the VHT paint.

http://www.mypages.co.nz/~andyf/Honda.htm
        Yep thats the stuff and thats the way i painted it. Full stip and acid dip all the engine and rebuild. Every part i paint goes in a oven at 180f for a hr to cure the paint. Rental house and single so stuff the smell LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
          Yep thats the stuff and thats the way i painted it. Full stip and acid dip all the engine and rebuild. Every part i paint goes in a oven at 180f for a hr to cure the paint. Rental house and single so stuff the smell LOL.
          LOL I assume thats only for metal parts :P Looks good! I dunno if I have the guts to tear down an engine yet so the painting will have to wait on mine!

Comment

WoW, that stuff looks great. I want that. Why would we have to bake it since the engine will get hot once running? thanks for the info. That Honda article is good read too. Picked up some good ideas.

Comment

bake?

Originally posted by nert View Post
              WoW, that stuff looks great. I want that. Why would we have to bake it since the engine will get hot once running? thanks for the info. That Honda article is good read too. Picked up some good ideas.
              Bake or cure same thing, and im sure 180f is hotter than your engine will get. Just makes the paint all ready for when u put the engine back together.

Comment

I painted the cases with a good quality enamel. No baking. Seems to hold up just fine. The block and head were done with VHT. They get a ton hotter.

Comment

If you search ebay for PJ1 it's about £11 per can.

Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

I painted my engine with Dupli-colour high heat engine enamel (aluminun). It looks brand new. Ted

Comment

You can get the PJ1 at Dennis Kirk.com they have all of the differant types ie;satin, high gloss, wrinkle and barrel paint. I use it on all of my dragbikes and it still looks great after all of the abuse.

Comment

All aluminium colour hi-temp engine paint i've used never seems to completely dry looks great but oil/petrol seem to disolve it; does anyone know of a good brand here in uk or perhaps paint i can use in my spray gun .

Comment

I get Kal-Guard from my local Bel-Ray distributer.

Comment

Working...
                          X