Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am dummy !!

Hey folks !!

Yours truly was putting carbs back together for my 1979 GS750 L. They are the slide carbs. As I was pulling one of the needles out of the slides I lost the little plastic washer that goes under the snap ring for adjusting the needle heigth. Does anyone have one lying around they could mail me ?

Thanks

Louie

Sure do Louie Send me your address and I'll give you one
    hoyterb@hotmail.com

Comment

Do you really think that you are the only dummy around here. I lost a countershaft sprocket seal last week and thats about 100 tmles larger than that spacer washer. Then there was a little spring that sprung out i replaced that with something from a fountain pen. And the list goes on. One time Dex sent me a whole set of 160 main jets. They were new mind you and i lost them also.

Comment

I have some too If needed
        Lynn

Comment

Dummy? Are you serious? Every other dummy around here raise their hand and line up behind me... I've done so many dumb things while working on my GS that I wonder if I have an invisiable jinx living in my garage!!!

Comment

As for myself, I've never made a mistake.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find an o-ring that got up BY ITSELF and walked away.

Comment

All the folks that are not plain dummies are just plain SMART As.

Comment

Re: I am dummy !!

Originally posted by ageekapc
                Hey folks !!

Yours truly was putting carbs back together for my 1979 GS750 L. They are the slide carbs. As I was pulling one of the needles out of the slides I lost the little plastic washer that goes under the snap ring for adjusting the needle heigth. Does anyone have one lying around they could mail me ?

Thanks

Louie
                Welcome to the club. If only someone could have sent me a new cover when I broke mine. Me thinks your o-ring is easier to replace. I still think I take the cake for dumb things. Once, at a gas station, I added a bottle of carb cleaner. I only use 1/2 a bottle becasue of the small amount of gas my tank holds. I used my bike keys to puncture the foil under the cap, poured in the cleaner. Put the gas cap back on (after filling) and couldn't find my keys. After about 5 minutes of looking I pushed my bike off over to the side. I was really *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed with myself. I started envisioning alternate ways to get home and getting my bike back to the garage. Still couldn't find those damn keys. After a "lunch" at a nearby McDonalds and a chance to cool off a bit I started looking for my keys again. I opened a saddle bag and started pulling stuff out (just in case). When I removed the plastic bag that still had the remaining 1/2 bottle of carb cleaner my keys fell out on the ground.

Comment

How's this for the "Rocket Scientist Award"? :roll:
                  I unlock the seat of my GS, take it off and put the keys in the tray that is there, pull my rain suit out of the tail, put it on, slap down the seat 8) and procede to look for my keys. :? Checked all my pockets standing there in the rain....DOOOHHH! 8O I had to wait for almost an hour in the pouring rain for my brother to run my extra set out to me. Thank you whoever invented the cell phone.

Comment

You all sound like me. I think I'm getting old timers disease. I can lay something down and then spend the next 20 min. looking for it. Takes me forever everytime I go to work on something, because I'm always looking for the tool that I was using just a second ago. Old Age is H@**

Comment

I just went to discount auto parts to get????? well i bought some driveway cleaner while i was there.
                      If there are any truthfull folks on this websit, this thread will never end. 8O 8O

Comment

Thanks a Bunch !!

Thank you to everyone for the boost in pride and letting me not feel all alone. I HATE THOSE GARAGE TROLLS !! Thanks to gentlemen on first post who is sending me one and to Lynn for the offer. You guys are great and I love this place.

This thread will probably run forever !!

Louie

Comment

Still in need

Still in need of that little itty bitty ring that goes on the slide carb needle right below the lock washer. The gentlemen from earlier post has not responded to emails.

Lynn could you ?

Louie

Comment

I have heard the way to make sure you never loose anything while working on a vehicle is to put a tray of nasty, gooey stuff underneath it. Old oil will do. Theory goes everything will fall into it. Guess I should follow the practice.
                            I have a bad habit of working on my truck on gravel. Well, let me tell you from experience that is not too bright. You drop something, and it's gone forever. Same goes for grass. I remember loosing an advance spring for a 650 Yamaha in gravel. Had to buy the whole advance unit!$$ Not too long after that the parts guy said they were now available seperately!
                            Oh yeah, vacuum lines. Ya gotta remember them! Just try syncing your carbs with an open vacuum line, or setting up your timing on your truck with the vacuum advance still hooked up to the distributor! Won't work. :roll:
                            Kevin
                            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I went to loudon a couple of years ago and on the way home stopped at a burger king. After dinner i could not find my keys anywere, so I asked the guys where they last remember me with my keys. The first two gave me " I dunno" but my friend dana says"you had them on your tray" It turns out when i dumped my garbage I dumped my keys too, So now im in burger king going through the trash and I cant reach them. I had to take the garbage bag out of the trash can and go through the garbage with my"friends" making comments like " Geez skip, If your still hungry ill buy you another burger" and "I dont think you will find any returnable cans in there" and my favorite " If you had a job, you wouldn't have to do this every time you got hungry"........................... Friends you gotta love em....................skip

Comment

Working...
                              X