No announcement yet.

I am dummy !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working on my truck on gravel. Well, let me tell you from experience that is not too bright. You drop something, and it's gone forever. Same goes for grass. I remember loosing an advance spring for a 650 Yamaha in gravel.
    Boy, been there,done that.... Working on a heater on the roof at work, dropped the screw bit.....fell onto the gravel roof...should be right in front of me ... right?...NOT
    That or even worse ...drop something in the snow and try to find it.....Wait till next spring....
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I knew this one would...

I knew this one would run forever !! Went rock climbing today. first Time. I forgot to make sure the straps going around the legs were in the right spot. 35 feet up lost grip and said hello to my little friends. DOH !!

Little Itty Bitty ring is on its way !! Thanks so much.

Louie

Comment

Re: I knew this one would...

Been there, done that. Once upon a time there was a fledgling skydiver that neglected to check that the leg straps on his harness were tight enough. Well sure enough, when the parachute opened and delivered its 1/4 second duration 12G opening shock (often referred to as instant stop), there was a strap right where it could do the most "good"

Earl

Originally posted by ageekapc
        I knew this one would run forever !! Went rock climbing today. first Time. I forgot to make sure the straps going around the legs were in the right spot. 35 feet up lost grip and said hello to my little friends. DOH !!

Little Itty Bitty ring is on its way !! Thanks so much.

Louie
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

talking about snow.. I had a pager that I had clipped to m y side.. went running out to get the mail (60ft at the most) came in adn 3 hours later got asked why I had not answered any pages>> well I grab my side and guess what GONE.. It took a month and a half for that snow to melt and low and behol on the edge of the side walk where I had gone was my pager STILL WORKING!!!! It never fails

Comment

...well hell, it's worth a shot...
            Hey folks, I seemed to have misplaced my GS 1000G. Has anybody got a spare laying aound they could send me? Can't believe it, it was here just a minute ago...

Comment

I had a simular problem just the other day. I was working on a bike ripping into the carbs. Well, like always, I had my little tub of STRONG carb cleaner next to me on the bench where I was working and just then, my elbow knocked two of the Diaphragm/Slide assembly's right into the carb cleaner. You guessed it, the diaphragms are now a jelly goopy mess. That was a nice trip to the bone yard for replacements.

Jim

Comment

You know how when you lose something, it always turns up in the last place you think of looking? Why not look there first and save yourself half an hour.........

Comment

I think all of you do better than me. No mechanic, everytime I try working on anything more than putting on a new clutch cable or adjusting the chain, I have to take it to Bill's and pay him more money. Last year I gave him $138 for something I screwed up while doing an oil change. I still change my own oil, but carefully now.

And earlfor, thirty years ago I did a three point landing in a demonstration in front of a review stand with four Marine generals. The three points, however, were heel, butt and the back of my head.
                  "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

I was just thinking smugly that I hadn't done anything dumb.......but I had just conveniently forgotten. A few years ago I did a pre-ride oil check and top up. A couple of hours, and many miles later, in the mountains, I noticed oil on my right boot......no oil filler cap. I had put it on the engine casing and never screwed it back in. Gone forever. Had to use a rubber bung until I could buy a new one.

I also regularly put all my gear on, including gloves, before I discover that the m/c keys are in a pocket inaccessible to a gloved hand. Less regularly, I ride away without having done up the helmet buckle.

Please help me formulate a pre-ride check list. :? Let's see:
                    1) keys in ignition
                    2) helmet buckle done up
                    3) sidestand up
                    4) flies zipped up
                    5) garage door open
                    6) wife?....what did I do with my wife? :?

Comment

:-) :-) :-) Yeah, I hate those three point landings. eh eh I think the worst impact I ever received was the day the ripcord jammed and I couldnt open the main parachute pack. I rolled over on my back at 120 mph and deployed the chest mounted reserve. It opened so hard and fast that the soles of both my boots left footprints on the back of my helmet. :-) -)

Earl

Originally posted by Bert Patterson
                      And earlfor, thirty years ago I did a three point landing in a demonstration in front of a review stand with four Marine generals. The three points, however, were heel, butt and the back of my head.
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                      X