No announcement yet.

Carb Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the one I have and the brass fittings that come with it are the right size.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      That's the one I have and the brass fittings that come with it are the right size.
      Do I select the $46 carb tuner option on checkout or it really only $15 for this thing??

Comment

That is a really misleading way of doing business. They have a base price of 10.95 for any of those items, plus the amount when you select the item you want to order. For example, the tuner is 10.95 + 46.00=56.95 total for the tuner (plus shipping if applicable). The replacement hoses only are 10.95. There is one spot online that sells it for about $10 less, but I can't remember off the top of my head where...I'll post again if I can think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GS850_Coug View Post
          That is a really misleading way of doing business. They have a base price of 10.95 for any of those items, plus the amount when you select the item you want to order. For example, the tuner is 10.95 + 46.00=56.95 total for the tuner (plus shipping if applicable). The replacement hoses only are 10.95. There is one spot online that sells it for about $10 less, but I can't remember off the top of my head where...I'll post again if I can think of it.
          I was thinking the same thing.:-|
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Here's a place with $8 less before shipping. I know there are others...I'll keep looking.

Comment

Questions,

My carb kits came with a new valve needle and seat. Should I use those or the old ones?

Comment

Is it a K&L? From these kits I only use the idle mixture screw, float needle and valve (check your float heigth when done), pilot jet cap, and gaskets. Reuse your old jets but clean them up or dip them in Berrymans.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                  Is it a K&L? From these kits I only use the idle mixture screw, float needle and valve (check your float heigth when done), pilot jet cap, and gaskets. Reuse your old jets but clean them up or dip them in Berrymans.
                  My kits are the excellent high quality "Tour Max" LOL. I have no idea, came from old bike barn. I have used them since my GT550. Only parts in the kit besides gasket and orings are the float needle and seat.

Comment

Does anyone know how to disassemble the slides? I may need to swap the slide guts from my original Slides/Diaphragms into a replacement set. Thanks!

Comment

I bought a cheap pair of long and skinny needle nose pliers ar Habor Freight. There is a circlip holding the jet needle in the slide. Compress the circlip with the pliers and pop it out and the rest will follow.

Comment

Working...
                      X