Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike won't start after long run

hey~

I've been reading the forum for a while but I just joined finally and I've looked at past posts - but I can't find this problem I have....

After a ride on the bike (2miles and over), enough to get it heated up real nice - I'll park it and 10 minutes later it has real trouble starting (i.e. turning over)
    The rectifier is new- the battery is new - the stator is okay I know- cause the bike charges up just fine - so I don't think it's a charging problem.

Could a flywheel or something be expanding so it's hard to turn the engine over? Could I have a bad starter? When the bike is cold I have no problem turning it over? Does anyone have a clue? Thanks.

Les

Hot Starting Try This

Well to determine if it is indeed the starter, I would do this, drive it and get it hot, turn it off, while on top of a hill or something, then try to push start it by going down the hill. If it cranks up, there is no problem with the engine and it is the starter.

Comment

check the timing

Comment

thanks guys- yeah I always have to push start it after a long run to get it cranking again. I can push start it down my driveway and it will fire right up when the starter won't work-

But why do you think it will crank fine when it's cold- but not crank after a long run?

Thanks

Comment

One word....HEAT.

Comment

Working...
          X