Clutch kits/springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch kits/springs

I'm looking to replace my clutch, and I'm considering the EBS kit from Bike Bandit. Anybody had experiences with these? Are they quality? Any other recommended brands you've had good luck with?

Thanks.

I bought Pro Series clutch discs and CSK clutch springs from Dennis Kirk. It was a great price and they are holding up well even with my upgrades.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

ebc

Got EBC plates in mine, work a treat. Also got heavy duty springs and put only 3 in and left 3 standard. No slip at all

Comment

I have a barnett racing clutch plates, with EBC springs from bikebandit.. I run 3/3 on the springs, and love the pull... Prety snappy, but yet it's doable...
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

I've used EBC and Vesrah clutch bits, and been very happy with both.

Unless your engine is a nitro-fueled fire breathing drag monster, you don't need heavy duty clutch springs. Simply replace the elderly, badly sagged originals with new OEM springs from Suzuki.

With that said, I've found that GS clutch disks are rarely actually worn out or even showing any wear at all (unless the clutch has been abused and/or slipping badly for a long time because of bad springs).

Clutch slippage can usually be cured simply with new springs and a clutch cover gasket -- about $20 and 15 minutes of work.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of doing 3/3. I may try the 3/3 and see what happens, as I've read of complaints of the new springs making the clutch a little to heavy.

Comment

Working...
            X