Carb sync quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb sync quick question

Where do you attatch the hoses? I see screws past the rubber boots on the cylinder head. Do I take those out and put the hoses there?
    Thanks,
    Nick

On my bike at least the sync screws are on the intake boots themselves not on the cylinder head.

Comment

Yes, that's what those are for.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

do I have to buy nipple fittings to screw in once i remove the bolts? If so, where from? what kind?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
          do I have to buy nipple fittings to screw in once i remove the bolts? If so, where from? what kind?
          Yes you do need nipples for the hoses to attach to. Most manometers come with them. Failing that, you can buy them from ronayers.com.

Comment

Your sync tool should have come with them. Usually, they're four brass tubes threaded at one end with a nut, washer, and o-ring.

The thread size is 5mm.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I borrowed it from my uncle. He has an 1150 with the nipples on the boots.. anyone every try to make up something themselves? maybe drill a hole through a 5mm bolt and stick the hose on?

Comment

That would work Nick but just go spend a few bucks or get your uncle to bring some home from the shop......lol....save the time not the dollars....in one of my moods.....have a great night...
                Kevin

Comment

Working...
                X