gs 425 valve timing settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 425 valve timing settings

can someone help me, i need to check the valve timing on my 1979 gs425 and i have no manual.

I do have a manual for the 400-450 bikes. I'll look to see if your year is in there and let you know.

Comment

gs 425 valve timing

thanx for your e-mail and will look forward to hearing from you soon

Comment

Ummmm, my manual only covers the 250, 400, and 450 twins from '79 - '85. I looked through it and saw no mention of the 425. Looks like it was made in '79 only, and my Haynes book doesn't even have a listing for the 425 in the available manuals.... If you think any info about the ones covered in my manual will help let me know.

Sorry 'bout that

Comment

gs 425 valve timing

thankyou for your reply and i really appreciate your efforts i will carry on my search on this site and hope there are more people out there like you

Comment

Re: gs 425 valve timing settings

You should be able to verify valve timing by setting #1 cylinder to TDC and checking the timing marks on the camshaft sprockets.

Earl

Originally posted by wayne h
            can someone help me, i need to check the valve timing on my 1979 gs425 and i have no manual.
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

gs 425 valve timing

thanx for your reply Earl, when you say the timing marks on the cogs do they align to each other or will there be any marks on the cam-chain housing....

Comment

When number one cylinder is a TDC( the left cylinder when seated on the bike) if you look at the ends of the camshaft above the timing cover, there will be small notches that should be pointing at each other and should line up with the gasket face of the cylinder head.
                Dink

Comment

Working...
                X