Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borrow GS850 Suzuki Service Manual to make pdf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borrow GS850 Suzuki Service Manual to make pdf?

So I have an idea. I need/want a copy of the Suzuki (not Clymer, it is still in print) Service Manual for my soon to arrive '82 GS850 "L". As far as I can tell it is out of print and Suzuki is not making anymore (or else I would just buy one from them). Since it is out of print and there is no one out there who will loose money on this I would like to borrow someone's manual and scan it into pdf. I will send it back to them (< 1 week) and provide them with a pdf copy that will last forever (and will be text searchable). I could also provide a copy to GSResources. If there is a volunteer send me an email aedi006@gmail.com. If anyone has comments please post away.

Check ebay. That's where I got mine, new for under 20 bucks. I'm pretty sure there are some for sale there right now.

Comment

I got one you can borrow, PM me your address.

Comment

picking up a 82 850l this weekend, would love to have a copy of the factory manual. any help appreciated.
        thanks.

Comment

I need to do the same thing for my GS1100GLD. I would like to borrow a manual and in return get a PDF on CD.

Comment

Someone should make an archive for these out of print MoM's, I really want one for my 83 850GLD. Of course if Suzuki lawyers come out....

Comment

I doubt seriously that Suzuki or anyone else would get their panties in a twist over copying an out-of-print manual on machines that are 20+ years old.

Personally, I see nothing unethical about it either.

Comment

I looked on ebay and the haynes manual is selling for under $20, but the one mdaley1008 from this site is selling is 45+. I would love to have an original also (just bought an 82 850L that has some hiccups), but don't want to pay $45 for it!

Comment

I have a Clymer manual that is not too bad, but would be interested in a copy of the .pdf. I would even be interested in making several copies if there is enough interest in them.

'82 850L
                  '82 650L

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                  X