burnt oon ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burnt oon ebay

Well, after waiting for 2 weeks to get coils I won, both were toast when I got them. Are there any suggestions for not getting burnt, short of buying all new parts? Thanx!!

read what the auction states. I am almost positive I know which auction your talking about, and remember something like "worked good when pulled" or something like that. that merely means it worked when pulled, but doesn't say what happened to it AFTER it was pulled. i am sure the seller would argue that it was something you did to it, so a no-winner there. Best you can do is try to get some kind of warrenty before you bid, or get a second mortgage on the house and order them from the Suzi Dealer. But don't give up on auctions, as I have gotten alot of things through them, and have been satisfied. good luck.

Comment

If the desrciption was misleading, I'd leave negative feedback to warn others. It won't get your money back but ya might get some consolation from exposing the seller for what they are.

Comment

Have you contacted the seller??? If so and you haven't recieved any satisifaction. Leave neg feedback saying you were sold Junk. I to bought a pair of coils on ebay, ended up replacing the plug wires because they were cut and too short, but it was still a good deal. Most of the stuff I buy on ebay is not readly available anywhere else. Checked?? tested??? just a selling tool, bunch of BS

Comment

Your going to find a bad apple every once in a while on Ebay, so I've heard but I've never been burned in 4 years. If seller is real short on description I ask questions, if I don't get the answer I'm looking for I just keep looking. Someone who won't answer your questions or just acts dumb usually is hiding something. Don't give up on Ebay, parts are plentiful, just be patient, the parts you need will eventually show up for sale, and chances are they will be just what you are looking for. A reputable seller does not want negative feedback and will usually try to make it right with you, if not then negative feedback will alert others to his dealings and he will soon be having trouble selling anything.

Comment

First thing to do is contact the seller...and be cordial in your writing.

If that fails, you have most of the options spelled out already, but you also have limited recourse through Square Deal, an independent mediator. They charge you a small fee (I think I paid $5.00) and arrange negotiations with the seller and act as an intermediary.

If the seller left you negative feedback that you want removed, going through Square Deal is the only choice you have. There is no guarantee with them, but they do try.

There is also the possibility of claiming fraud if you think that applies, and e-Bay will give you references for how to deal with that.

Please note that there are time limits for taking action, whether imposed by e-Bay or State law.
            Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Well, the seller emailed me after I sent him an info email on the toasted coils. He offered to return my money because, as some have said, my tone was concilitory not confrontational. I said I would post additional feedback as soon as he sent it back. Now other than brand loyalty, is there any real difference between Accel, MSD and OEM stock? If I have to spend the money, I only want to do it once. What are your collective experiences on the coil issue? Thanx for your time, Jerry

Comment

I have seen some people have luck with the accels, but they make 2 different OHM coils, and you have to get the right ones. The best bet is OEM, but then there's the price. there is not much, if any performance increase using aftermarket vs OEM.

Comment

I sound like a broken record about this place but I have had great luck and service at the Parts Depot in NJ. 1 800 245 3101
                  Ask for RObert! Great prices on OEM parts.
                  GY

Comment

As said IT is very important to get the correct coils. Dyna Coils are good also.

Comment

So far, have had good success on E-Bay buying parts for my GFs GS650GL. However, I figure sooner or later some scuzzball will burn me. Also, very important to know what something is really worth. I've seen things acutioned for more than they cost from a dealer. People seem to get caught up in the bidding and forget what they are really doing.

Comment

I've never been disappointed by buying new ignition components. I use and highly recommend Dyna components. Have had good luck with Accel coils, but Dyna does an excellent job supporting their customers. Ignition problems can be very difficult to troubleshoot, especially if they are intermittent or weak. I'll buy alot of used otherwise, but batteries (always Yuasa) and ignition parts are bought new.

Comment

I wasn't happy with a "low mileage" bike I bought on ebay and seller won't return my calls. Filed on the "square deal" option and man did the guy come around quick. I understand it locks them up from further listings until it is resolved and get their attention real right now.
                          Most dealers I've dealt with have been upfront and honest, so ask questions first and be aware there are channels to use if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
                            ... there is not much, if any performance increase using aftermarket vs OEM.
                            I'm no expert on such things, but I've read that hotter aftermarket coils are only a benefit in one specific situation: If you have increased your compression ratio substantially, you probably need a better-than-OEM spark. If your bike is stock, you shouldn't notice any performance increase with performance aftermarket coils.

Comment

coils

What about replacing the wires? Am I correct in understanding you can use vw wires and splice them to the existing coils?

Comment

Working...
                              X