Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

won't start. out of action since September!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i understand...

Originally posted by feelergaugephil View Post
    INLINE FUEL SWITCH
    INLINE FUEL SWITCH
    INLINE FUEL SWITCH

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL STOP THE GAS RUNNING INTO YOUR CARBS WHEN THE BIKE IS NOT BEING USED, AND IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE ABOVE MESSAGE.......................................
    INLINE FUEL SWITCH

Been there and done it, floor full of gas and motor locked.

I don't have that problem anymore......
    INLINE FUEL SWITCH
    You are saying I should also invest in an inline fuel switch?

Kidding. Good idea. Took apart the petcock and the 4-hole washer is a little chewed and the lever o-ring is inflexible. I'll order new parts.

I think the p/c is okay (other than the afore mentioned parts). Clean inside. It was off the bike, but I did the suck test with the lever was off and I could see the brass plunger in the p/c moving. I sucked in and clamped the hose with pliers and the plunger stayed open. Released it and the plunger came back. Sound good to go to you guys? Opinions?

Comment

Didn't hear anyone mention hooking up an auxilary fuel sorce like you do when ya synk yer carbs. You can watch the gas run into the carbs. You Know there is gas and if it still doesn't start, you have more info. Some inline fuel filters are made for use with fuel pumps. I took the valve apart on my 1100 found the O ring to be fouled so I removed it and turned it over cleaned everything an put it back together, works fine, game over.
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

try pouring a little feul down the bore and see if it will run

and also the above mentioned method i use that all the time(well when i need to)
        it should run on prime though if not its your feultap you can get replacement\repair kit on ebay, diaphragms are very delicate, mines wore out once and the bike would only run on "prime"
        Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2007, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by feelergaugephil View Post
          INLINE FUEL SWITCH
          INLINE FUEL SWITCH
          INLINE FUEL SWITCH

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL STOP THE GAS RUNNING INTO YOUR CARBS WHEN THE BIKE IS NOT BEING USED, AND IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE ABOVE MESSAGE.......................................
          INLINE FUEL SWITCH
          This is something I'll propably never understand. Why would someone ever consider an inline fuel switch, when everything you'll need is a working petcock?
          In all the bikes I've own (including quite a few Suzukis), I have repaired one vacuum petcock, and replaced one (with an original Suzuki). And I have never been worried whether I left my non-factory inline fuel switch on or off.

Comment

Sounds like you need to replace the petcock. Through the inline filter in the trash!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
              Sounds like you need to replace the petcock. Through the inline filter in the trash!!!!!!!!!
              why throw the inline filter away?

Comment

Working...
              X