Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tyre size

GS750E 1978

Whats the biggest tyre that can be fitted i currently run a 130/80/18 and was wondering if i could maybe fit a 140?
    cheers

Try 140/70-18 that gives you about a 1/4 wider and same or close in diameter

Comment

thanks for info mate, so there is enuogh room for a 140 as i thought the space between the tyre wall and the brake arm were a little close on the 130

Comment

To make sure measure your with now and goto a tire website like Avon.

Look at the two sizes and see the differece.

I run a 130/80-17 on my GS700ES and I have about 1/2 inch clearence.

I think there is a 11mm diference in with and that works out to 5.5mm each side.

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by distraction628 View Post
          Try 140/70-18 that gives you about a 1/4 wider and same or close in diameter

how would my diameter change?

Comment

the diameter changes with size. you know the height of the tire.
            If you look at any tire specs the list the diameter. or revs per mile/kilometer.

Hope that helps.
            Kevin

Comment

aye chhers mate i wasnt thinking i checked out some tyre sizes and you dont get a 140/80/18

Comment

I think I said try 140/70-18 not a 140/80-18...plus you should check your rim with to see what is the max size you can put on there, If you put to big of tire you end up loosing contact pach at some point...
                the 130/80 is most likely as big as you could put...I'm not sure of rim size for your bike, there should be a size mark on the rim...like 2.50 or 3.00....
                Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                X