holes in the air box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holes in the air box

I have recently reinstalled the factory airbox on my 83 1100E. The jets that are currently on the bike are 125's. The original owner of the air box drilled holes in it for better air flow. I need to find the corect size jets for it but don't know where to start with sizes and don't really want to buy a bunch of sizes i don't need. There is a lot of holes maybe the diameter of a pen. Should I start with 2 sizes larger or just stock?

or put some tape on the interior/ exterior of the box to cover holes...

Comment

Stock jets on your bike are
      main jet 110
      pilot jet 45

Someone already raised your mains. How do your spark plugs look? Are they dark (rich) or clean (lean)
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by pinner View Post
        I have recently reinstalled the factory airbox on my 83 1100E. The jets that are currently on the bike are 125's. The original owner of the air box drilled holes in it for better air flow. I need to find the corect size jets for it but don't know where to start with sizes and don't really want to buy a bunch of sizes i don't need. There is a lot of holes maybe the diameter of a pen. Should I start with 2 sizes larger or just stock?
        So the previous owner didn't think removing the HUGE lid on the top of the airbox was enough to enhance flow on a STREET DRIVEN motorcycle? Too bad, another sad story of a hacked up stock airbox. Does your bike have the OEM paper canister filter, and do you have an aftermarket pipe?

Comment

bubble gum - it worked for the rocketeer
          Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Working...
          X