Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get the carb to head rubber boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get the carb to head rubber boots?

I don't know what they're called. I tried to look the part up on bikebandit but didn't see the part on the fiche. Anyone got a linky?

intake boots!!! they have them on bike bandit, look again. or type "intake" under search on bikebandit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
      intake boots!!! they have them on bike bandit, look again. or type "intake" under search on bikebandit.
      Are you referring to bikebandit.com? If so I don't see a search feature other than a part# search

Comment

once you get to your bike and theres a list of all the parts for it. theres a search in the middle of the page.

Comment

I have a 1979 gs1000l. Nothing comes up on intake boots and they're not on the three choices for intake either. I checked the carb fiche, but they're not there either.](*,)

Comment

So those go from the carb to the head right? Damn $25 a piece and I need 4 of them. Any place cheaper?

Comment

Unless you want used ones, than ebay and the for sale section on here. If you spend the $100 now, you probably wont have to replace them for another 20 years.

Also, the 77-79 gs750,850,1000 use the same intake boot. Just incase, it will help your search on ebay.
              Last edited by Guest; 03-14-2007, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I don't think mine leak now. How do you tell? Spray WD-40 around the boot while the bike's running and listen for an audible change? Will it rev up or down?

You're probably wondering why I'm looking for them if mine aren't leaking. I have carb issues and since my carbs are virginal I doubt they've ever been removed. And I forsee them leaking once I reinstall the carbs. I like to gather all possible parts in advance.

On a side note if I do have 1 leaking and 3 good still replace all 4?

edit: thanks for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by gotjeepzj View Post
                  Damn $25 a piece and I need 4 of them. Any place cheaper?

Yep....here for $20.23

Comment

So should I replace them as a cautionary measure or hold out?

Comment

Instead of replacing all the intake boots. Start off by replacing the 4 o rings that go in between the boots and the head. Those tend do harden and wear out before the boots themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X