Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on a rack or sissy bar for GS750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas on a rack or sissy bar for GS750?

Does anybody know about any aftermarket luggage racks or sissy bars for an '81 GS750?
    I'm looking to do some long distance riding and need to haul gear. Where can I find a rack or backrest that will fit?
    Thanks!

Best place is e-Bay.

Be sure to get a rack that was meant for your bike. Many universal units are not tall enough for the Suzukis...lesson learned the hard way.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Find an old KG rack on E-bay.

You can get them with a trunk, or just the rack and back rest. I took several weeks to get a cheap deal. I had to clean off some rust, but ended up with a nice rack, and back rest for less than $20.00. If your are willing to pay more, you can find them right away in new or like new condition. You will probably find them for $100.00. They come with long or short bars that bolt to the shock stud. You will need the long ones.

Comment

Watch out for P&F mortorcycles.

These guys called P&F motorcycles sell the same crappy racks for different bikes. They list the racks for individual bikes, but they are universal. They look to me to be cheap and crappy. Probably will not resist rust for long. My KG rack had rust on it for I don't know how long. I was abble to clean it off and find the Chrome under it still without pits.

Comment

Good luck on finding one. Hopefully you will have better luck then I am trying to locate one for my 83 GS1100E 8O
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Keep watching Ebay, but here's one tip: I bought my in-the-box, NOS, fabulous quality, luggage rack and matching backrest on Ebay about a year ago, listed as for a vintage Honda 750. I hadn't any plan to bid, but I did send an e-mail to the seller asking if he had anything for my Suzuki. He advised that the rack was a standard item, and that it was only the mounting kit that differed bike to bike. He had the mounting kit for my Suzuki and would substitute same if I won the auction. $41 plus shipping (due to it being listed as for a dime-a-dozen Honda). I wouldn't sell it today for $200. I can't access the seller's info for you, but here are the details on the rack (there are a couple of different styles of matching backrest sold). Make "Connecticut Cycle Accessories" (out of business, I checked), Style "Easy Streets". I've seen other sellers listing the Easy Street racks new over the past year. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for all the great ideas.
              I see some racks that are advertised as fitting an '79.
              Will something like that go on a '81?
              How much difference is there in those model years?
              Much obliged.

Comment

There are ventura racks and Back Rack racks available for pretty much all of our bikes. If you go with Ventura you may want to order directly from New Zealand as the American dealer is kind of gready. They aren't stocked in the US anyway (for old bikes) so they'll have to freight it in anyway. These are by far the best rakes I've seen and they come with back packs and removable sissy bars.

Steve

Comment

If anyone is looking for lug rack made for GS /W adj backrest/ trunk was purchased to fit GS1000 Shown on a 82 GS 750 frame
                  Check pictures contact Lynn
                  SqDancerLynn1@msn.com Http://www.LynnsGSpix@groups.msn.com...x/shoebox.msnw

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                    If anyone is looking for lug rack made for GS /W adj backrest/ trunk was purchased to fit GS1000 Shown on a 82 GS 750 frame
                    That's the same manufacturer that made my rack, but I chose a lower, non-adjustable backrest (info as per my earlier post). My backrest bolts on and eliminates the plastic slider cage.

Comment

GS750 Luggage Rack

I have an '81 GS 750EX and went through the same pain trying to find a rack that would fit. KG makes an adjustable rack that fits the 750 and 1000. I bought a used one at The Rice Paddy, a used bike parts shop in Columbus Ohio (I have also seen this model on eBay from time to time). They have a web site on line under their name. You can email them if you are not near Columbus. The key factor was that the rack was adjustable width. My rack was a bit rusty, and I only paid $20 for it. I later found a matching KG trunk box with a nice back rest on eBay. Patience is the key! Good hunting!

Comment

Working...
                      X