Where does that hose go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does that hose go?

So I worked on my 80 850L over the winter and painted my tank and such. I have a hose I don't know where it goes. On the carbs there is a piece called the "nipple" that runs in-between the inside and outside carbs. Basically it is a T with a hose that runs up twords the tank. I don't know where the hose goes. The other side has a similar system but no hose attached. What is it and wher does it go?
    Thanks!

It's just a vent for the float bowls. Some people leave them off.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

It's a vent as Jethro said - Mine were run upwards and towards the back of the bike, right under the seat - just make sure it isn't pinched. I have a picture, but I don't know how to display them here yet...

Comment

Trying to attach the image of the hoses coming from the carbs - in the picture you can see the bolts from the back of the tank, the battery a little bit on the left, and the rightside clip holding the seat in place - the black hoses resting in the middle open to the air under the seat are what I'm assuming you might be talking about.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-14-2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X