Turns Over But Does Not Start!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns Over But Does Not Start!!!

I HAVE A 1983 GS550ES WITH ONLY 15000KM ON IT. I WAS RIDING IT ONE DAY AND IT SHUT OFF OUT OF NOWHERE. THE MAIN FUSE BLEW(NOBIGGY) BUT IT DIDN'T START AFTERWARDS. I DONT KNOW, AS A NEWB, WHAT IT CAN BE. I CHARGED THE BATTERY BUT NO LUCK.

PLZZZ HELP ME

THE BEST GS RESOURCE SITE EVERRRR:-D

it is broken!

Comment

is the engine turning over? do you have spark if it is turning over? You probobly had a short somewhere... Check those things and let us know what you find.

Comment

Might be a stupid suggesting, but if it sat for a while after you blew the fuse, and you know you have spark, make sure you're priming the bowls. Easy to forget if you ride it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
          is the engine turning over? do you have spark if it is turning over? You probobly had a short somewhere... Check those things and let us know what you find.
          IT JUST KEEPS TURNING OVER. AND NO RESPONSE OF IT GOING TO START.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
            Might be a stupid suggesting, but if it sat for a while after you blew the fuse, and you know you have spark, make sure you're priming the bowls. Easy to forget if you ride it a lot.
            IT DIED IN OCTOBER. I BOUGHT IT IN JULY.RAN BEAUTIFULLY IN THAT TIME.(THIS IS MY FIRST BIKE)

Comment

pull one of the plugs out and keep the wire connected to the plug. Set the plug on your cylinder head, and hit the started button with the bike on and the kill switch off (run). look to see if you have spark. Also like someone said if it has been sitting since october, put some new gas in it and prime the carbs before trying to start it.

Comment

syncali: always start with the simple and move toward the complex, all good mechanics make it their mantra.
                you checked the fuse and replaced it
                you checked your battery charge posts are clean, negative cable hookup to frame is clean
                your regulator/rectifier is operating
                your spark plugs are sparking, fat , blue spark
                youve got gasoline in the tank
                gas is flowing to the carbs
                coils are firing at the proper ohms
                check everything. ikazuki

Comment

Any update on the patient?

Comment

Almost!

Originally posted by MelodicMetalGod View Post
                    Any update on the patient?
                    I am going to have a guy that builds bikes come and look at it.I FOR SURE WILL LET HIM KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SUGGESTING.THANX FOR THE GREAT ADVISE!WILL POST SOME PICS AFTER!:-D

Comment

Working...
                    X