No announcement yet.

mercury or needle vacuum gauges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a never been used Motion Pro mercury sync that I think I'm gonna get rid of for one of the Morgan Carbtune II. It sounds like less responsibility to me. Living in a bachelors apartment has kept me from opening the mercury vial...

Steve

Comment

I have a set of the Mercury sticks that I bought right after the GS. Have never had a problem with them leaking or when I bliped the throttle. To each his own I guess. You want to see a funny sight? Next time I sync the Valk I'll take a picture. 2 sticks hanging side by side for 6 carbs. Looks like something out of a horror film.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldbc
        Brit,

I just received my morgan carbtuneII can you give any suggestions or tips while using this? I am a bit confused and intimidated by it.
        Thanks
        Brian
        Nothing special, just follow the (pretty clear I think) instructions carefully. All you have to do is assemble the damper part of the pipes. Then just connect 'em up. How you adjust the carbs varies from bike to bike, check your manual. Keep the pipes away from hot exhausts as they melt quickly.

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
          I have a never been used Motion Pro mercury sync that I think I'm gonna get rid of for one of the Morgan Carbtune II. It sounds like less responsibility to me. Living in a bachelors apartment has kept me from opening the mercury vial...

Steve
          My friend's got a new Motion Pro unit for sale at his shop. Looks pretty scary with that mercury vial! 8O Where can you get a Morgan Carbtune II?
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Go to http://www.carbtune.com/

All the best.

Comment

Working...
            X