Cam chain guide, does this look right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poot View Post
    even with one in better shape, mine was also a pain to reinstall. just jiggle it around.
    sometimes the chain can become jammed/stuck together at spots, or block the spot its going into....watch out for that...dont drop anything in there!!!
    have fun.. dont split the cases if its not leaking.really. dont. (im serious)
    Poot
    p.s. it really isn't fun to split the cases, trust me.
    I have wiggled that thing every which way from Sunday and it just wont seat. I am hoping the new one shows up by this weekend and solves my problem or I am going to be a very unhappy camper.

I tried moving the chain too to be sure it wasnt bunched up and still nothing. I tried shining a flash light down there and I couldn't see squat.

Comment

You are aware of that the chain guide must be installed before the cams?
      Pull cam chain upwards and at the same time rotate engine backwards,
      just a little.
      I had same problem and the reason was jammed cam chain.
      Sorry for my bad English

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man View Post
        You are aware of that the chain guide must be installed before the cams?
        Pull cam chain upwards and at the same time rotate engine backwards,
        just a little.
        I had same problem and the reason was jammed cam chain.
        Sorry for my bad English
        Yup yup yup. Now rotating it backwards is that clockwise or counterclockwise?

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post
          Yup yup yup. Now rotating it backwards is that clockwise or counterclockwise?
          counterclockwise.

Comment

looks right

Hi, I just went through this on the weekend. I replaced the cylinder gaskets top to bottom.
            with the cams removed & the chain pulled up & back you should be able to rotate the guide 90' (sideways in the slot) slide the lower end (without the tabs that hang in the front of the head) then rotate so the arch is facing towards the cam chain & it will drop into the notches in the head.
            it took me a few tries but not as many as getting the cylinders down over the rear cam chain guide.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
            X