putting carb back together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

putting carb back together

I cleaned a carb from a 1980 GS550E (carb mik bs32ss (4 seprate carbs). I cleaned the pilot jets and need to know how far the pilot jets needs to be backed out after they buttom out. I ran it in all the way and am having problems keeping the bike running.Did I screw up (which means pulling the carbs again) Thanks in advance for help.

I hope you didn't bottom the pilot screw out to much as you could damage the end of the screw as it is a needle . the approx setting is 2-2.5 turns off the bottom ,that should get it running and holding idle. If you think U turned them down to hard take them out and check for damage groving or bent or even broken off of the tip of the screw.

Comment

Originally posted by fish527 View Post
      I cleaned a carb from a 1980 GS550E (carb mik bs32ss (4 seprate carbs). I cleaned the pilot jets and need to know how far the pilot jets needs to be backed out after they buttom out. I ran it in all the way and am having problems keeping the bike running.Did I screw up (which means pulling the carbs again) Thanks in advance for help.
      Start with 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated and use the "highest RPM" method to get them set right. If you do a search for the highest RPM method, it will tell you how to do it step by step.

Comment

isn't the pilot jet behind the rubber plug. so I need to back it out 1.5 turns? I read some other threads that said all jets should be snug?????

Comment

yes the jets are to be tight but the pilot adjust screw is what u back out off the bottom 1.5 turns

Comment

so is the pilot jet or the pilot adjust screw behind the rubber stopper in the fuel bowl?

Comment

Yes the pilot jet is behind the rubber stopper the adjust screw is on the top side of carb at engine side infront of the body . sorry for not explaining fully

Comment

Working...
              X