sportouring 80 GS1000G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sportouring 80 GS1000G

I am looking for some tech advice. I have a 1980 GS1000G in beautifull shape w/34,000mi. The bike is used extensively as a long haul commuter and sportourer. I am searching for a "norton dunstall" style fairing that would fit (the actual norton fairings are far to narrow) also I am looking for a performence 4-2 exhaust that would allow me to keep my center stand. My bike came with an aftermarket 4-1 wich puts the powerband about 2k rpm higher than I want. Also trying to find substantial & functional hard saddle bags I have a set of emglo pod filters that I may replace the stock airbox with unless adding auxillary intake vents to the bottom half of the airbox will give the desired results? any advice from you gs veterans would be appreciated especialy in the area of bottom-end to midrange tuning for torque. Thank-you J.D.

springandjd@yahoo.com

Welcome J.D.

As always, Pictures are required.

Sounds like you have a few highway miles on that bike. We also hope to learn a thing or two from your road experiences.

If you really want to read the blood, sweat, and tears behind that bike find a spare 100hrs and read some of the posts here. Search GS1000G. 20 pages of posts for your reading enjoyment. Some of it will sound like a disfunctional family on a sit com. Its actually a great read.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Rickman fairings come to mind, Dunstall will be very hard to get, google rickman fairings and see if thats what you need.
      I'm sure you might pick up something from www.ebay.co.uk

Comment

Bottom end torque BEST when bike left STOCK. USE your stock pipes & adapt some Dunstall type mufflers

Comment

Working...
        X