Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used this Harbor Fright Tire machine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
    If anyone around Chicago would like to learn how to do their own I'd gladly help......just bring a twelve-pack of Labatt Blue, Leinenkugel Honey Weiss, Molson Canadien.........etc.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Same here, anyone around Denver needs to change a tire, this is the place.
    I like Ales and dark beer. :-)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Is there anyone in the Milwaukee area that has the HF machine or similar? I will be needing to change my tires soon and am looking for a place to do it (I'll bring the beverages) without paying a lot of money. .

Comment

Go to your local hardware store and look for small flat nail bars. A little grinding and sanding and you have the perfect spoons for M/C tires. Dont forget to use METAL caps on your valve stems. The schrader valve is pointing straight up so at high speed the valve may open slightly due to centrifugal force if the springs are weak
        Also clear heavy packaging tape on the spoons helps to prevent scratching your wheels. Use murphy's oil soap/water mix for a lubricant.

Comment

Originally posted by REDDY View Post
          Go to your local hardware store and look for small flat nail bars. A little grinding and sanding and you have the perfect spoons for M/C tires. Dont forget to use METAL caps on your valve stems. The schrader valve is pointing straight up so at high speed the valve may open slightly due to centrifugal force if the springs are weak
          Also clear heavy packaging tape on the spoons helps to prevent scratching your wheels. Use murphy's oil soap/water mix for a lubricant.
          Brilliant idea! I was looking at prices and it would cost me about $20 or so to get the real things, but I already have one "wonder bar" that I am willing to sacrifice so a trip to HOBO for a second cheap one and I should be set. I'll keep the "expensive" one that I have for future home repairs...

Comment

You could also plan a "day trip" down to Joe's (he's southwest of Chicago) the next time we all get together for a "tire party!" That's assuming, of course, that you either trailer the bike down with your replacement tires, or find a very creative way to attach them to the bike and ride down. :shock:;-)

Regards,

Comment

I do it the old fashion way. I sit on the floor & get the tire spoons out. Big C clamp works to break the bead. I f you have an old wheel you can use it for a work bench, Cut a piece of heater hose length wise for the wheel edge protector

Comment

Working...
              X