No announcement yet.

Need help from GS'r with '78 750 - brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yes, as the rear brake pads wear, you would normally adjust the rear brake pedal adjuster to take up the slack. When you install new pads, before fitting the wheel and rotor between the pads, you would want to reset the rear brake pedal to account for the increased thickness of the new pads. :-)

If you dont.................as you noticed, the wheel will not turn. LOL You also will need to adjust your rear brake light switch.

E.

Originally posted by Pearson View Post
    I like to close out my posts in case another GS'r comes across the same problem in the future so here's what I found:

After packing in 4 ea. .5mm spacers, the caliper aligns perfectly over the rotor. A spin of the tire and it turned and turned and turned: silence. Nice.

I rebuilt the caliper with all new parts and slipped it over the rotor. Now the tire would barely spin at all. WTF?

Taking a look this afternoon, I realized I had almost no play in the rear brake pedal. I adjusted the freeplay and the wheel began to spin again. So to celebrate I took her for a 15 mi. jaunt. I love this little 750. Once good and warmed up, she pulls!
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
    X