looking to install frame/engine sliders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to install frame/engine sliders

I want to install a set of newer style frame sliders to my 1100e and 750e. I should be able to mount them to the front engine motor mount. Has anyone done this before that can point me in the direction of what will fit with little modifications.

I'd like to know what a frame slider is? Possibly something I could spend more $$ on and **** off the wife?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Doug- Interesting idea. It'd be cool to see a set of newer sportbike sliders on a GS. :-D

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      I'd like to know what a frame slider is? Possibly something I could spend more $$ on and **** off the wife?
      Frame sliders protect your engine cases and frame in the event of a crash. Better to have a piece of tough plastic ground down than the more $$$ parts.

They look like this:

Comment

I too have been wanting a little more protection. I think I might find a fabricator here in vancouver and add some un wanted weight by having steel frame guard made to bolt on to the existing engine mounts. If any one knows how best to do this let me know.

Comment

Already done this on a gsx1100 race bike we used a set made for a 600 bandit with a slightly longer bolt & a spacer

They saved the engine cases during a serious off at the track but did bend the bolt & destroy the nylon slider, well worth the effort imo if you think you might throw your bike down the road anytime soon

Comment

Working...
          X