Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Mount spacers and stack up ?

Okay Heres the deal,

As with most Ole Suzis I have had mine for 3 years and have been painstakingly restoring it. Now the fellas who had it before me rigged just about every square inch including the wire harness (replaced and added electrex and dyna ignition). My last hurdle to overcome is the front and rear wheel mount.

I need someone with a microfiche or intact 1979 gs750 to respond with either a word description of stack up, picture or just something along the lines to help me figure out the proper stackup. I would not mind even ordering all new parts except for the shaft bolts (exspensive). I have a clymer manual but it only shows the 1977 wheel with single caliper and I have dual caliper. Both wheels are all jacked up as the fella before me used common place washers as spacers and it has always had a small shimmy in the front which I could attest to it not being put together correctly.

Thanks for help.

Louie

What specifically are you looking for? I have a Clymer GS750 manual that goes from 1977-1982. I am not familiar with the term "stack up". What is the model of your bike? Does it have square front caliper pads?

Comment

Clarify

I am aviation fella working on V-22 Osprey so I forget that people do not know what aviation terms are. I apologize for that.

Stack Up refers to the assembly of a bolt, washer, nut assembly.

IE- Bolt, one washer, one spacer place thru hub of wheel and on nut side goes washer, spacer nut.

I have the same manual you do but the pictures only show a 1977 wire spoke wheel with a single caliper and I have a 1979 gs750L with mag wheel and dual calipers. Looking for someone with a microfiche or something.

Thanks

Comment

The book that I have has a picture of both single disk spoked and dual disk alloy on the same page (page 250 in my manual). I don't have a scanner on my computer but I do have a fax. If you provide a fax # I could photcopy this picture and fax it to you.

Blaine

Comment

People have posted this before but try www.partsbandit.com

Comment

Couldn't access 79 GS But 80 GS750(T) LX with dual disc mags L series
            axel in front of forks Not under. Is listed in BikeBandit micro fich

Comment

Derick Nalley
              mysacrifice@myexcel.com

This guy sells fiches for 5$US delivered. I got one for my 1100 and he even took a Canadian personal check.

Steve

Comment

Thanks

I sent email to fella who has microfiche for sale. I will look at it myself. Thanks for email.

Louie

Comment

Why are you bothering with the microfiche? I told you I will send you a copy of the picture in the book if you will just send me a fax number.

Comment

Cause I'm hooked on phonics !!

I did not pay attention. I was thinking you had the same manual as I did which was a clymer and only shows the spoke wheels and sigle disk. I will respond with fax number to wifes work. Get back with you. Drop me an email.

louie@webmayhem.net

thanks a bunch !!

Comment

Working...
                    X