1983 GS1100 Electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS1100 Electrics

I have an odd electrical prob... intermitently the lights on the dash all flash oh 2 3 maybe 4 times and go out (all but the neutral and the bright) this happens in any gear throttle position brakes on or off stand up or down anybody seen this one B-4?

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. I would first check inside the headlight shell.
    One request, please use black rather than red. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Telfordflash View Post
      I have an odd electrical prob... intermitently the lights on the dash all flash oh 2 3 maybe 4 times and go out (all but the neutral and the bright) this happens in any gear throttle position brakes on or off stand up or down anybody seen this one B-4?
      When you mean flash what do you mean? They come on all at once in a series? Which GS1100 model?

Used to get the 'idiot lights' illuminated when the reg/rectifier was shot and the bike wasn't charging. I'd check that you either don't have an earthing problem or that there's not a broken or breaking wire to the lights.

Suzuki mad
      1981 GS1000ET
      1983 GS(X)1100ESD
      2002 GSF1200 K1
      Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2007, 07:29 PM. Reason: my bad spelling/english

Comment

Yes they all flash on at the same time 1X 2X Happens under all conditions I'll go looking for a loose or broken wire or bad connection thanks guys

Comment

Whn you say every thing else, I gather you mean the instrument lights back ground lights.

I would say the probelm is an intermittent loose connection in the instrument light circuit. The grey power wire from the ignition switch that goes to the gas guage, the tach and the speedo. Is also same circuit (but different connector as the front running lights, you loose those too?

Reason I suspect the power wire, rather than the ground wire, is that the netural light and the instrument lights use the same ground wire essentailly. So follow the connections of the gray wire in your headlight shell. Maybe take connectors apart, and look for a pin pushed back, or a loose wire cooreded and about to fall off of connector.
          http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
          Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
          X