Jet numbers...What do they mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet numbers...What do they mean

I've got two sets of carbs for my GS650GLZ, and the pilot air jets settings were all different. On one set, I had one carb with a 150 air jet in it, and the rest were 155's. One the other set, (bought for spare parts) all the jets were 150's. The manual calls out 160... My question is what doe the number mean. Is it the Metric size of the hole (i.e 160 is a 1.6mm hole, 150 would be a 1.5mm hole) in which case a larger hole would cause leaner mixture on pilot circuit, right? Or am I completely off here...The bike has always felt a little "off" on the pilot circuit, and I think this is why. Thanks

In mikuni land the gas jets relate to the measurement of gas flow. I'm not sure about the air pilot jets. I would ASSume they are a measurement of air flow.

In dynojet land the numbers refer to size.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

bumpity, bump bump

Comment

Sorry, can't help.
        However, I remember seeing a Jet size chart on here when someone was going with Pods.

I did a quick search on the internet and didn't come up with anything of use.

Comment

Working...
        X