Dyna green coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna green coils

Just figured I'd post a small issue I found with my coils. Bought new green coils and was having an intermittent weak spark probem after installing them. Checked and Found that a couple of the threaded terminals on the coils had green inslulator material in the threads, and over the contact area. Cleaned, reassembled, problem went away.
    MY fault for being in a rush and not checking this before intitial install I suppose.

What bike do you have? I'm thinking about replacing the coils, wires, and caps on mine, just because I'm running out of new parts to buy for it. Did you look at Accel coils?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2007, 10:34 PM.

Comment

1980 GS1100E

Running Dyna ign. so went with there coils too. My stock ones were junk.

Comment

I ran Accel coils on my 1150 for a short time, but one of the coils shorted out not long after I bought them. I replaced with Dyna green coils and the bike has been fine these past couple of years. I'll probably stick with the Dyna for future purchases.

E.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Had Dyna Greens for a lot of years.....Bike starts a lot easier when cold...

Comment

DYNA Green...

The Dyna Greens took care of what I "thought" was a carburetor problem on my GS. I also used their wire set in Red color, it really plays up the Red "G" on the side covers and if I ever need to go back to "stock look", it is a 30 minute swap out.

Do the Dyna!

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by denydog View Post
              What bike do you have? I'm thinking about replacing the coils, wires, and caps on mine, just because I'm running out of new parts to buy for it. Did you look at Accel coils?

I had the green dyna for decades and had intermittent problems and poor fit into the 1100ez.

Just bought these http://www.dynaonline.com/english/dyna_minicoils.htm

perfect fit without need for special bracket, no chance of arcing against frame in rain, work perfectly, same cost or less, whats not to like? i think they look better too. I got everything from Z1

Comment

The Dyna Greens took care of what I "thought" was a carburetor problem on my GS.
                What suspected carb problem did the Dyna coils correct for you? Just curious, as I am presently working on an issue which I have been told might be either ignition or carburetion.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
                  I had the green dyna for decades and had intermittent problems and poor fit into the 1100ez.

Just bought these http://www.dynaonline.com/english/dyna_minicoils.htm

perfect fit without need for special bracket, no chance of arcing against frame in rain, work perfectly, same cost or less, whats not to like? i think they look better too. I got everything from Z1

It says it works with the Dyna 2000 and 3000 ignition, any idea if it will work with the Dyna S?

Comment

I upgraded from points to dyna s and accel coils and thought I had carb problems. the bike would load up and I would have to run it hard to clean it out. I did that for a few years and then I bought a set of the dyna 3.0 ohm coils and have not had a problem since. keep in mind the accel coils were 3.0 ohm and appeared fine and I installed a pair of dyna's on an 1150 es and saw the difference in the spark from my bike to his and bought the dyna's and couldnt be more pleased.

Comment

Working...
                    X