plug chop screams "lean"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khardrunner14 View Post
    I'm not sure the filter is properly oiled and sealed...how do I do that? I had it out to clean it, and I put some 10w40 on it. That was it. Thanks again!
    Do you have a stock filter or a K&N? Oiling the filter w/10w40 if it's a K&N is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Does it still have the stock foam outer cover, or is that what you oiled? If so, there should be a paper filter inside the foam one.

Comment

Originally posted by khardrunner14 View Post
      I'm still not sure raising the needles is an option without fabing a shim. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I will work something out for the airbox as I am sure the lid gasket is part of the problem.

I've read the stuff in the link. First I need to figure out if jets are the problem, or if it's something else. THen I need to know where to start with jets....and where to get them.
      If you're running the CV carbs, they're there. The are connected to the diaphragm and slide assembly with C-clips. You'll need to get a pair of snap ring pliers with the interchangeable tips on them, as to get down and into the slide, you'll need about two inches of tip to work with.

Comment

I had the carbs apart and didn't notice anything...smeone else here told me that they weren't there...either way I guess I have to yank the carbs and check again.

As for th air filter it's stock. I have the metal basket inside the airbox with a foam element cliped onto the one side. The other side of the basket has a rubber seal.

Comment

Working...
        X